Following my recent article about The Seven Friends You Need In Your Life, here are some ways that we can add connection to our lives.
I know that I can get into a rut of coming home from work and pounding away on the computer all evening or watching some TV to relax me. Quality time with friends and family can fall by the wayside when we are feeling overwhelmed or stressed and are just going through the motions of daily life. It’s so easy to feel a disconnect from other people. This can result in feeling isolated and disconnected from others. But, we can take some easy actions to re-connect with people.
Here are Five Ways To Add Connection To Your Life
1. Instead of sitting passively watching TV or reading books, try connecting with your family and friends with experiences. Go see a live play, rather than sitting in a dark movie theatre. Go have a picnic rather than sitting at a restaurant. Go see a live band that you’ve always wanted to see with your best friend, rather than sitting listening to the latest CD. Don’t be passive; take active participation in activities that you enjoy. Invite others and make memories.
2. Volunteer your time or join a charity run/walk event. Connect with others who have the same goal as you and who want to give back to their communities. Meet some new people at these events and enjoy the feelings that come with giving and connecting to great causes.
3. Experiment with other cultures and people that you’ve always found fascinating. Connect with people and customs that you’ve always wanted to. Take a Spanish night course or learn feng shui from a Master or learn how to salsa dance. Be daring and adventurous. Don’t be afraid of looking silly. Learning about other cultures and customs is one of the best ways to realize that we are all connected and have the same fears and wants.
4. Perform random acts of kindness. Why not see how often you can make someone’s day. It doesn’t take much to smile and be kind to people that are in our lives. Why not do a favour for a friend or perform unexpected acts of kindness, such as buy the person behind you in line their coffee or drop some coins in the parking meters. Tell someone how nice they look today. Connect with people that randomly come into your life – you never know where it may lead.
5. Rediscover your spirituality. If you’ve lost your way and have allows life’s trials and tribulations to affect your connections with other people, take time out to rediscover your spirituality. Meditate, read, reflect, and gain perspective on what’s important in your life. More importantly, on who’s important in your life. Make them and your connection to them your priority. Ask them what they need from you to re-connect and then listen to what they say. Then, together, find your way back to strengthen the bonds between you.
How do you add connection to your life? How do you re-connect with your loved ones when you’ve realized that life has gotten in the way of your connections? Let us know by leaving a comment. Thanks!
1. Top 5 Reasons To Leave Your Job
2. My Top 5 Secret Success Factors
3. Invest In Your Most Important Asset – Yourself
4. 10 Things You Can Do Right Now To Improve Your Life
5. Are You Being Your True Authentic Self?